Welcome to AUXILIUM College
Auxilium College founded in 1954 is the first women’s College in the Vellore District and is affiliated to the Thiruvalluvar University. Auxilium has been granted the status of autonomy by the UGC and the Thiruvalluvar University from the academic year 2007-2008. The College has been accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with A+ Grade in 2003, Re-Accredited with A grade with a CGPA of 3.41 out of 4 in 2010 and with A+ Grade with a CGPA of 3.55 out of 4 in the 3rd Cycle in 2016. It is a minority institution established and administered by the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians, commonly known as Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco, belonging to the Catholic Church. It is primarily meant for the higher education of deserving Catholics but members of other communities are also admitted without reference to caste or creed and their rights of conscience are respected.
The vision of the college is the education of young women especially the poorest to become empowered and efficient leaders of integrity for the society.
To impart higher education to the economically weak, socially backward and needy students of Vellore and neighbouring districts.
- AUXILIUM College was accredited by NAAC(National Assessment and Accreditation Council) with
- Reaccredited by NAAC with ‘A++’ Grade in February 2020
- Awarded ‘A ++’ Grade with (CGPA 3.75/4) In the fourth cycle of accreditation)
- A good and holistic curriculum with persistent updating at regular intervals suited to global demands.
- Committed and dedicated band of teachers bringing in innovations in teaching, learning and evaluation and providing rich theoretical inputs and practical experiences.
- Physically and technically sound campus with adequate infrastructure to supplement the teaching learning process.
- Regular conduct of resourceful workshops, seminars and orientation programs for staff and students to make them competitive and knowledgeable in accordance to current needs and demands.
- Acknowledging the knowledge divide and reinforcing research endeavors by upgrading most departments to become research departments and encouraging the pursuance of major, minor and community oriented research projects, doctoral and M.Phil. programs and publication of papers in high impact journals.
- Encourage and establish collaborations and expedite new ventures through wider networking and tie-ups and sign MOU’S with distinct institutions and individuals at the international, national and regional level.
- Promote social connect and community involvement of students and staff through multifarious extension activities and outreach programs.
The College Offers:
- 26 Under Graduate Programs
- 14 Post Graduate Programs
- 4 Ph.D. Programs